Fetal Doppler is done to study maternal-fetal (uteroplacental and placenta fetal circulation).
It is not routinely done in all cases but reserved for following indications -
A Doppler ultrasound, for example, helps to study the movement of blood through the umbilical cord between the fetus and placenta.
- Screening for uteroplacental insufficiency.
- In cases of intrauterine growth restriction.
- In pregnancies with diabetes mellitus.
- In maternal auto immune disease (SLE, APLA syndrome).
- In post term pregnancies.
- In twin gestation.
- Screening for red blood cell isoimmunization.