Are you trying to conceive for a long time without any success? If yes, then you are not alone. There are many like you who despite trying umpteen times have faced difficulty in conceiving. But, how to determine that you are having fertility issues?
Infertility is when you are having trouble conceiving even after a year of having regular unprotected sexual intercourse. Infertility results from a number of factors. From lifestyle and genetic factors to physical issues, infertility combines a number of factors.
If you are preparing for pregnancy, then here are a few tips to increase your chances of getting pregnant:
How can a doctor help you in Natural Conception?
Pre Conception counselling and Ovulation Calculators: All couples who are trying to conceive for the first time must go to the doctor for a Pre-Conception counselling. In these sessions not only will the doctor assess your fitness but also give information to better understand the process, what best days are.
Ovulation calculators and LH surge Kits: Your chances of getting pregnant increases if you are aware of your menstrual cycle and the changes that your body experiences during that time. You can opt for various ovulation predictor apps that give an accurate prediction of your ovulation dates and the best days you should try (provided you have a regular cycle). If you are in doubt or have irregular cycles you should get a Pre-Conception counselling at Care IVF and our experts will guide you on this.
LH surge kits measure the LH levels and look for a surge in the levels. Ovulation occurs within 48 hours. This should be done under the guidance of a doctor.
Menstrual cycle monitoring: Doctors will help in evaluation of the best time to get pregnant via scans and blood tests. Usually, there are only a few days in a woman’s menstrual cycle when she is fertile. This is the time when you ovulate; counseling at Care IVF and our experts will guide you on this.
Timed Intercourse: Timed intercourse under the supervision of an expert and aided by ovulation tracking is another way of improving your chances of pregnancy. This is done strictly under the supervision of our doctors. They will assess the fitness of both couples, prescribe medicines to address any deficiencies / supplements to condition your body. The expert will measure your follicle growth, hormone levels and other factors and suggest the best time for intercourse. Timed intercourse is attempted for 3-4 months in healthy couples before moving on to other treatment modalities.
- Couples trying to get pregnant the first time can improve their chance of conceiving naturally by seeking expert advice. Care IVF offers Pre conception counseling to couples planning for a pregnancy naturally few months down the line.
- We advise couples that their objective should be to not just conceive naturally but also to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- We offer some straight forward conception advice or tips.
- One of the first steps towards getting pregnant naturally is adopting some Simple lifestyle changes that boost the fertility and sperm quality.
- If the wife is overweight (BMI>25) we advise a diet plan and exercise to reduce weight.
- We also advice to take folic acid and Vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D if impacts the overall health, helps in egg development and improves the immune system. Folic acid prevents chances of neural tube defects in the baby.
- We advise couples on what medicines to take, and when to try intercourse and how frequently. We may also put you on Progesterone to help maintain the endometrial thickness and create the pest possible conditions for implantation of the embryo.
- By following the routine advised by us, most couples should be able to conceive naturally within 2-3 months.
- HOW TO CALCULATE THE BEST DAYS FOR TRYING TO CONCEIVE?