The IVF treatment is divided into two phases :
1. Pre treatment work up: one month before the cycle is planned
2. Actual IVF cycle: the cycle in which Pick up will be done.
A woman will have to come once or twice during the work up for tests and medicines
A standard fresh transfer IVF Treatment cycle is done within a woman's natural menstrual cycle so it should not exceed that, since the Stimulation, Pick Up, IVF and transfer are done in the same cycle itself. That would be 14-16 days. You will have to visit the center for the following procedures:
1. During stimulation (day 1 of period to day 13) : For stimulation injections, hormonal monitoring (blood tests), follicular monitoring periodically (on specific dates specified by your doctor stimulation phase) which can vary for 3-5 visits.
2. On the day of Pick up,
3. On the day of Transfer.
If your transfer scheduled in next cycle via Frozen Embryo Transfer then you will not have to come again after Pick up is done until the next cycle.
In the cycle your FET is planned you will again be required to come to clinic on specific days as advised by doctor:
1. Day 21 of the cycle previous to the FET cycle: To start the medication.
2. Day 14 of FET cycle : for monitoring the growth of the endometrium and blood tests
3. Day of Transfer (day 19-20): and again on the day your FET is scheduled.
If the husband can give semen normally then he will have to come thrice
1. Once during the work up phase for detailed tests.
2. Once during the start of treatment cycle to give a Backup semen sample
3. Once on day of Pick up too give fresh semen sample.
If TESA is planned:
If the husband can give semen normally then he will have to come twice
1. Once during the work up phase for Anthologist notes, pre-anesthesia and pre op fitness tests.
2. Once on day of Pick up for TESA procedure on empty stomach.
For cost details visit: http://www.careivfkolkata.com/WhyCareIVF/IVFProcedureCosts
The IVF costs will remain the same. All details of what to expect while calculating IVF treatment costs and details regarding the costs of various procedures are in the link below http://www.careivfkolkata.com/WhyCareIVF/IVFTreatmentCost
Well, One cycle takes about 15-20 days. But if you are asking about how long it will take to conceive or how many attempts will be necessary, That's difficult to say. 40% couples conceive in First attempt. 90% of couples conceive in Two attempts and 95% of couples conceive in three attempts.?
Regarding time required, it takes about 15 days to complete the whole cycle.
IVF cost varies depending on the reason for doing IVF. For example someone with poor quality eggs will require more injections and thus incur more cost as compared to someone with tubal problems. On an average it costs anywhere between 85000 to 1, 50,000 INR. For more details you can visit our website:
A lot of couples have conceived naturally with the help from doctors who will help you monitor the ovulation cycle. This is called Timed Intercourse. IUI also has helped many couples with male sub fertility issues overcome conception difficulties. If both options fail then we recommend IVF. Sometimes a corrective surgery like Spectroscopy/ laparoscopy before IVF also helps you conceive. So yes we don't recommend IVF to a couples unless the other treatment options have failed.? Surrogacy is the last option for couples for whom even multiple IVF attempts have failed.