Dr. Khurshid Alam
Inhouse Consultant – Fetal Medicine Specialist
Fetal medicine is vital and integral to having safe pregnacy and normal and heatlhy baby. A lot of complications and abnormailties can be screened in time and this gives couples an choice of informed decicion regarding the baby. Every couple must undergo these screening test to ensure fetal welbeing.
Dr. Khurshid Alam is trained in Foetal Medicine from India’s most premier centre – Mediscan, Chennai under professor Dr. S.Suresh.
- He has obtained certificates of competency in various aspect of foetal scans as well as invasive procedure both diagnostic as well as therapeutic.
- He is very passionate about foetal medicine & totally committed to the cause.
- His area of strength are early detection of foetal anomalies i.e. first trimester screening, foetal echo cardiography & diagnostic foetal intervention.
- He is Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF), UK accredited for NT scan and a keen participant in many Fetal Medicine conferences.
- He is actively involved in many training programmes, creating awareness of Fetal Medicine.
- He is also involved actively in the planning and organisation of Live Ultrasound workshop at Care IVF as part of the Ian Donald Center of Excellence Programme. He is gives training and lectures as a faculty during the workshops.
- He is also a trained radiologist, who not only can perform entire gamut of sonographic scans and report CT scans with equal efficiency, but also capable of performing Radiological Interventions.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach to treating pregnancies with Foetal abnormality and work with our obstetricians in planning the management of pregnancies complicated by maternal diseases.
We maintain international standards of Foetal care & follow the FMF - UK & ISUOG guidelines in all our practise.